The MINOR NOTES Archive: The Estrogenius Radio blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Stuff

Personal note: The Big Move is done (almost), and I now have internet service at the new homestead. Halle-freakin'--lujah. Anyway, although we are moving into a larger -- and by all standards, better -- apartment, our goal was to be a bit more minimalist with our personal possessions. I don't mean ascetic or Spartan (I loves my HDTV), I just mean...we want less stuff. After ten years of living in the same place, one tends to accumulate a lot of stuff. To that end, we've donated to charity or disposed of about half of our stuff.

So, how is it that our remaining stuff is now filling-up our larger apartment, and we're not even done with moving yet?!? It seems physically impossible, and remember, the goal was to have less stuff. What the hell? There's no explanation -- except that I'm a walking George Carlin routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home