The MINOR NOTES Archive: The Estrogenius Radio blog

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Strippers+Wrestling > Moving

[Note: The publication of this post had to be delayed due to a problem with Blogger's photo upload service. Looks like they're shootin' for 100% downtime! C'mon Blogger, you can do it!]

Regular readers of this blog (both of you) are already aware of my peripheral connection to the entertainment spectacular known as Lucha Va Voom (my sister Rita is Co-Producer and a performer), as well as my deep and abiding love for those fighting filles, the Poubelle Twins (and in case Mrs. Arhythmius is reading, by "love" I of course mean "respect for the craft").

For those of you who didn't know all that, you do now.

What none of you know is the great shame that I am about to reveal: I did not attend LVV's Valentine's Day event, "Love, Mexican Style" last week. That's right: I am lame, and I let the side down.



There was really only one thing that could have kept me from attending (aside from the usual Death, Dismemberment or Nausea clauses), and that was being neck-deep in the fresh hell of moving. As usual, the act of taking stuff from one place to another somehow turned out to be 200% more difficult than originally anticipated (and I originally anticipated it to be an excruciating, interminable mess).

So, that's what I was doing instead of watching the Poubelles dominate the ring; instead of watching Super Porky demolish Blue Demon, Jr.; instead of watching the Wau Wau Sisters --

Holy CRAP, I missed the Wau Wau Sisters!

The Wau Wau Sisters [Photo: Marcy Robinson]

Well, now I'm even more bummed-out than before. How utterly bogus. Here's hoping I won't be lame and miss the show next time.

C'est une tragédie! Forgive me, Bibi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home