The MINOR NOTES Archive: The Estrogenius Radio blog

Friday, June 02, 2006

Go Betty Go Announce New Vocalist

After months of searching and auditioning, Go Betty Go have announced the hiring of a new lead vocalist: Emily Wynne-Hughes.

To recap the story: Go Betty Go's founding vocalist, Nicolette Vilar, announced that she was leaving the band last February (as reported in this blog). Remaining band members Betty, Aixa and Michelle vowed to carry on with a new vocalist -- as soon as they could find one.

Then the announcement came three days ago that the search was over, and that Go Betty Go had a new lead vocalist. Here's a snippet from the official press release:

We met Emily at the auditions held back in March. Five seconds into her performance we knew there was a future with Emily and GBG. Her strong voice and personality immediately got us wanting to hear and see more. We can’t begin to tell you how extremely excited we are! We have nothing but good news from here on out.

And here's part of a message from the new girl herself, Emily Wynne-Hughes:

I can't tell you how excited I am to join the GBG team! It's been more than a dream come true. Nicolette left big shoes to fill and I hope I can squeeze my feet into them! I have heard such wonderful things about the fans of this band. You guys are what make this all possible. I hope you like what I bring to the table and enjoy the new GBG with me as the singer.

For the whole story, check out the official press release at the GBG website. I would've been happy to post a picture of "the new girl", but apparently Emily is so new that there aren't any pictures of her available anywhere!

Here's to Go Betty Go and Emily Wynne-Hughes, wishing them continued (and newfound) success in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home