The MINOR NOTES Archive: The Estrogenius Radio blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Off Topic: It Was Bound to Happen

Up until now, I have largely kept this blog "on topic" -- the topic being the outstanding female artists that can be heard on ESTROGENIUS Internet Radio. Although I have always had the temptation to do what many personal bloggers do, which is to write about their own lives and interests, I have seldom done so. (There have been some exceptions; it goes without saying that the world needs to be informed of the goings-on of The Poubelle Twins.)

While it's true that this policy was partly motivated by conscience (woe is they who are subjected to me talking about my personal interests), in reality it was more of a pragmatic necessity. When I write about a fantastic new artist, I want that artist to be able to link back to that post; what I don't want is for that artist to have to share webspace with my ruminations on things like "Whatever Happened to the Sequential Turn Signal?" (Answer: A Federal regulation eventually prohibited them.)

However, I have realized that I can no longer contain my need to share random trivia with the masses. I must blog about Stuff, much like those bloggers whom I admire most. In order not to conflict with my primary mission of cheerleading for female artists, I have come up with a simple solution: Rather than start a separate blog for the pointless blathering, I will simply post such things as standalone entries in this blog; any such post will have the heading "Off Topic" in the title. Yeah, I know...I'm a real rocket surgeon.

I've already got my first Off Topic subject lined up -- but it'll have to wait until next time. I've already spent way too much space explaining something that you all figured out in the first two seconds.



If you know the Mercury Cougar, then you know about
sequential turn signals.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home